Sunday 16 September 2012

first ever blog - sharing my inspiration in life thus far


Today is the first day of my blogging life. I do have opinions, I do have ideas, I certainly do have values and I feel the sudden urge to share it with the world. Blame it on a new found confidence, or even the extreme passion I have for anything related to writing in the hopes of self-expression, but i feel like it is my time to shine!

I am not quite sure what this blog will be about and coming up with a name for it was no piece of cake. To be completely honest, I spent about 23 minutes Googling ideas for a blog name. (I know, what ever) With suggestions such as ''Popcorn and Vogue'' or, my personal favorite, ''Dior and Dunkaroos'', I got severely discouraged and drifted off to Facebook. Looking through our Terry Fox Run pictures that were taken just this morning, I knew I needed to follow the wise words that we took for our own and placed on a t-shirt. 

The t-shirt read ''Keep Calm and Flutter On'' in neon green writing laid over a rich purple shirt. Green and purple. Valérie's Flutter Foundation's go-to colors. A foundation that is dear to my heart and one that I adamantly volunteer for, it is a truly inspiring non-profit organization that raises much-needed funds for cancer research. Founded by my girl Valérie Goneau in 2010 after being diagnosed with Chondroblastic Osteosarcoma. She was a truly amazing person who had a sole purpose of taking care of others and making them smile. The foundation is based on her iconic quote: A dream and purpose so compelling will never allow you to give up. She lived by that quote and I do the same ever since I heard it. This is my reason for going forward and always being positive. It was only fitting to name my blog after it now wasn't it?

I am suddenly seeing the purpose of this blog: to spread the word on cancer research and to discuss what gets my brain going. And maybe talk fashion, fitness and PR along the way. You will learn to see my life, literally! I've always been a visual person so pictures galore are coming your way!!

I think this will be fun!

Till next time,

DD 

No comments:

Post a Comment